About the Committee
- Luis A. Ruedas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
History and Mission
Established in 1928, the Nomenclature Committee provides advice to Society members on problems regarding taxonomy and nomenclature.
- Acts in an advisory role and provides support to the American Association of Zoological Nomenclature.
- Provides advice and guidance to Society members regarding questions on taxonomy and nomenclature.
- Informs membership of rulings of the International Commission of Zoological Nomenclature (ICZN), which affect mammalian nomenclature.
- Provides an opinion on the effect of rulings by the ICZN on taxonomic practices when requested.
The Committee submits information to the Journal and the website regarding changes in nomenclature as published in ICZN.